Constitution of Governing Body of Private /Self Financing College/Constituent College run by Trust/Society
FUNCTIONS OF THE GOVERNING BODY
Term: The Governing Body shall be reconstituted every three years except in the case of UGC nominee who shall have a term of five years.
Meetings: Meetings of the Governing Body shall be held at least twice a year
Subject to the existing provision in the bye-laws of respective college and rules laid down by the state government/parent university, the Governing Body shall:
- Guide the college while fulfilling the objectives for which the college has been granted autonomous status.
- Institute scholarships, fellowships, studentships, medals, prizes and certificates on the recommendations of the Academic Council
- Approve new programmes of study leading to degrees and/or diplomas.
- All recruitments of Teaching Faculty/Principal shall be made by the Governing Body/state government as applicable in accordance with the policies laid down by the UGC and State Government from time to time.
- To approve annual budget of the college before submitting the same at the UGC.
- Perform such other functions and institute committees, as may be necessary and deemed fit for the proper development of the college
Minutes of Meetings